Thursday, March 21, 2013

Welcome to Something, Not Sure What Yet

I was at brunch with my niece and nephews last week and my 9 year old niece, Juliette, mentioned that she had a blog.  Because I love her very much, I will not be subscribing to her blog, but it did make me feel pretty lame.  I was somewhat proud of myself for finally joining Twitter in late 2012 and I am up to 61 truly compelling and important tweets.  For example:


Try to sleep tonight- it's like Xmas Eve and under the tree for us all is a healthy


It's funny because it's true. Life Today… shar.es/4cgrT

I also tend to attack Donald Trump for some of his dumber tweets (e.g., global warming is a sham because it was wicked cold in January - because weather and climate are totally the same thing).  So with my toe in the proverbial water, I guess I am ready to dive into the blogosphere.  And on that note, I got the title to this blog from a facebook post I made yesterday:

I admit it - I watched Spalsh. We really have devolved into bread and circuses and I’m in the front row. Fat guy, tall guy, short guy, beautiful woman known for being the object of attention for an old pervy guy – all slamming into the water in various positions appealing to the basest sense of humor worthy of America’s Funniest Home Videos. To boot it is hosted by a poor man’s Ryan Seacrest (who seems to be growing up to be the pedophile uncle). Brilliant television.

Side note - I understand why many of these D-listers are doing this, but if Ndamukong Suh is doing this to rehab his public image, he needs to fire his agent.

So I hope my dive is either a graceful one worthy of Greg Louganis' praise, or at least a bellyflop that you can't help but be amused by.  One...two...threeeeeeeeee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment